Tunisie Telecom: the CEO returns the apron


The national telecommunications operator, Tunisie Telecom, announced on Tuesday (May 4th) that its chief executive officer, Samir Saied, has resigned for “personal reasons”. The company specifies that the resigning will hold office until the appointment of his predecessor.

Former director of the Société Tunisienne de Banque (STB) and the Oman Development Bank, Samir Saied was appointed CEO of the telecoms group in April 2020, before taking office on May 4. The banker replaced, in this post, Mohamed Fadhel Kraiem, called to become minister of communication technologies and digital economy.

He left the ship in a context favorable to the national telecoms company which was resilient in 2020 in the face of the coronavirus. Despite a difficult year, the incumbent said it had performed well during the year.

Created in 1995, Tunisie Telecom is 65% state-owned and the remaining 35% of shares are held by Dubai Holding via TeCom-DIG.