Agora is proud to announce the launch of the first and only event focused on decentralized finance in the MENA region. The Global DeFi Congress will take place on Feb. 10, 2021, in Dubai, with the participation of the Sharjah Research, Technology and Innovation Park, the Ministry of Science and Technology Policy of Japan, the governing council of the International Institute for the Unification of Private Law and the work group for cryptocurrency regulation of the Ministry of Finance of Latvia.
The event is a one-day congress comprising collaborative strategic discussions on how to best build the open financial system. The congress is a bridge that will bring together investors, regulators, solution providers and experts to discuss, debate and challenge the existing financial system and propose ideas and opportunities on how to challenge and improve our financial system through DeFi.
The event will be centered on 4 topics:
- Who owns the bridge? The builders of DeFi platforms.
- Who regulates the bridge? Regulators and governance around DeFi.
- Who crosses the bridge? End-users of DeFi products.
- Who finances the bridge? Investment opportunities and challenges in DeFi.
The main focus of the event is a series of one-on-one meetings between DeFi projects looking to raise funds and pre-qualified investors looking to invest in DeFi.
Anderson Tan, co-founder of Alpha Omega Capital, said:
“AOCP attended the third edition of the Global Blockchain Congress to raise funds and met over 20 investors here in Dubai, including the Sheikh Sultan of Sharjah, and we are very happy to announce that we just got our first investment deal for $1 million. Many thanks to Hadi and the team. You are a superman with the most amazing network of investors. Amazing event, best I’ve ever attended.”
This is an exclusive, closed-door event to connect startups with investors and secure funds.
- Decentralized exchanges
- Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)
- Prediction markets
- Yield farming
- Money legos
- Liquidity mining
- Lending platforms
Startup founders from all over the world need financial advocates on their side. Raising funds and receiving funding are vital to the growth and success of startups. Now is the right time for international startups to tap into a pool of highly engaged investors from the MENA region who are actively looking to invest in exciting and promising companies.
Some of the Speakers
- H.E. Naokazu Takemoto — Minister of State for Science and Technology Policy, Japan
- H.E. Hussain Mohammed Al Mahmoudi — CEO, Sharjah Research, Technology and Innovation Park, UAE
- Baiba Broka — Member of the general council, International Institute for the Unification of Private Law, working group member on cryptocurrency regulation, Ministry of Finance and Former Minister of Justice, Latvia
- Kristina Lucrezia Cornèr — Managing Editor, Cointelegraph
- Ralf Glabischnig — Founder and board member, Crypto Valley Venture Capital
- Mrinal Manohar — CEO, CasperLabs
- Peteris Zilgalvis — Head of Unit, Digital Innovation and Blockchain, European Commission
- Hubertus Thonhauser — Chairman of the board, Tezos Foundation
Some of Our Previous Speakers
- Andrea Bonaceto — CEO, Eterna Capital
- Fatma Elsafty — Blockchain manager and enterprise solutions, Du
- H.E. Zulfiquar Ghadiyali — Executive director of DIHC under the chairmanship of HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Sultan bin Hamdan Al Nahyan
- Iqbal Alikhan — Program director, blockchains and innovation, IBM
- Jorge Sebastiao — Chief technology officer, Huawei
- Navin Gupta — Managing director, Ripple for MENA and South Asia
- Zachary Cefaratti – CEO and principal founder, Dalma Capital
To participate, apply here.
This is a paid press release Cointelegraph does not endorse and is not responsible for or liable for any content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or other materials on this page. Readers should do their own research before taking any actions related to the company. Cointelegraph is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in the press release.