Hitachi ABB Power Grids participates as an official partner in the Swedish pavilion during the World Expo in Dubai
As an official partner of the Sweden pavilion, Hitachi ABB Power Grids will work to drive international collaboration, promote the image of Sweden as an innovative knowledge nation and encourage the export of sustainable Swedish technology.
Dubai, 18 May, 2021 – Hitachi ABB Power Grids will be an official partner of the Swedish pavilion during the World Expo 2020 in Dubai, which will be inaugurated in October 2021.
The purpose is to contribute to the positioning of Sweden as an innovative and competitive knowledge nation where Hitachi ABB Power Grids has been developing cutting-edge technology for over 120 years. And where it continues to contribute to the electrification of society, nationally as well as globally, to enable the green energy transition and contribute to the UN’s sustainability goals.
“The Expo 2020 world exhibition in Dubai gives Sweden a unique opportunity to highlight our innovative, smart and sustainable companies and solutions. The purpose of our presence on-site is to increase Swedish exports from different parts of Sweden to different parts of the world. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a brilliant example of this, and I highly value its participation as an official partner in the Swedish pavilion,” said the Minister of Foreign Trade, Anna Hallberg.
“The green energy transition is happening here and now we see a great opportunity to meet customers and partners from around the world in the Swedish pavilion to showcase world-class Swedish technology together with other companies,” said Johan Söderström, Regional Manager for Europe, Middle East and Africa at Hitachi ABB Power Grids.
“We are proud of joining the Swedish pavilion as official partner at the World Expo 2020 in Dubai. Being a global leader in power grids, Hitachi ABB Power Grids will take this opportunity to showcase the world’s best ideas and solutions for achieving sustainable development and protecting the environment. The Expo is a great opportunity for us to show the world how to face the challenge of growing energy demand while minimizing environmental impact for a sustainable future,” said Dr. Mostafa AlGuezeri, Managing Director of Hitachi ABB Power Grids in the UAE, Gulf, Near East and Pakistan.
“We are making the smart cities of the future a reality, as the world’s energy markets are going through an unprecedented transformation. This is key as the need for innovative energy solutions is increasing significantly and they will play a key role in achieving the ambitious decarbonization targets set by countries around the world,” he added.
The World Expo in Dubai, in which more than 190 countries participate, will be the single largest export and investment promotion initiative from the Swedish government in the coming years. The Swedish pavilion will be located in the exhibition’s sustainability section and will be built of wood. In the pavilion, an estimated one million visitors from all over the world will be inspired by Swedish innovation, culture and knowledge that contribute to a more sustainable world. The exhibition runs from October 2021 to March 2022.
# # #
About Hitachi ABB Power Grids Ltd.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas such as sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centers. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values. It is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. https://www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com
Note:- Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a joint venture formed in 2020 between Hitachi holding and (80.1%) share and ABB the remaining (19.9%).