Dubai Municipality has received international recognition for the application of safe work procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The civic body has obtained the international certification ISO / PAS 45005: 2020 for its efficient occupational health and safety management.
According to the final report prepared by the British Standards Institute (BSI), Dubai is the first municipality in the world to obtain this international certification, which was launched in December 2020.
The achievement reflects Dubai Municipality’s exceptional efforts to adopt the best international standards and global specifications to ensure the health and safety of all employees, partners and customers during the pandemic.
“In line with the government’s vision to make Dubai the world’s best city to live and work in, we have adopted and applied the highest global preventive standards and procedures to secure the health and safety of our employees at work sites,” said Dawoud Al Hajri, Director General of Dubai Municipality.
BSI is a global organisation that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence.
Formed in 1901, BSI was the world’s first National Standards Body and a founding member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
#Dubai becomes world’s first municipality to obtain ISO certification for safe work procedures during the pandemic https://t.co/0ZgjVM0JAp pic.twitter.com/sMDOSePzhG
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) May 4, 2021
More from Local News
- COVID-19: Dubai expands vaccination drive in partnership with private sector
As many as 17 private healthcare service providers in Dubai will now provide the COVID-19 vaccine to the public in addition to the DHA’s centres.
- UAE announces Eid Al Fitr holiday for private sector
The UAE’s Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation has announced the Eid Al Fitr holiday dates for the private sector.
- New laws to raise Dubai government’s efficiency
A series of legislations have been issued in Dubai related to the restructuring of certain government entities.
- COVID-19: UAE vaccine doses exceed 10.7 million
More than 10.7 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the UAE so far.
- UAE extends flight suspension from India
All passenger flights from India to the UAE will remain suspended until further notice.
- Emirati Genome Programme opens more sample collection sites
Additional sample collection centres have been launched as part of the Emirati Genome Programme’s expansion in the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- COVID-19: 1,699 new cases detected in the UAE today
The UAE has confirmed 1,699 new cases of COVID-19 from 179,453 tests.
- Eid Al-Fitr holidays announced for UAE public sector workers
The Eid Al-Fitr holidays for UAE’s public sector workers will start on Tuesday, May 11.
- Residency visa process eases as services move onto DubaiNow app
Smart Dubai has launched a new bundle of residency services on its flagship application, in collaboration with the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
- Watch: Abu Dhabi carries out COVID-19 testing in city centre
A new video has been released on social media showing Abu Dhabi’s proactive COVID-19 testing drive in action.
- 85% of Dubai’s school staff receive COVID-19 vaccine
A total of 85 per cent of Dubai’s school staff have now had at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Abu Dhabi calls for public to report online food rumours
Misinformation about food on social media platforms should be reported to the authorities in Abu Dhabi.
- MBRGI spends AED 1.2 billion on humanitarian projects in 2020
More than 83 million people in 82 countries benefited from Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives’ (MBRGI) humanitarian and social projects in 2020.
- Dubai: 34-car pile up on Emirates Road
As many as 34 vehicles were involved in an accident which took place on Dubai’s Emirates Road during a dust storm on Monday afternoon.
- Watch: Rain, hail in parts of UAE
Heavy rain and hail hit Sharjah’s Kalba area on Monday.
- UAE administers another 32,231 COVID-19 vaccine doses
Another 32,231 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the UAE in the past 24 hours.
- COVID-19: 1,772 new cases detected in the UAE today
The UAE has confirmed 1,772 new cases of COVID-19 from 156,940 tests.
- UAE weather bureau warns of poor visibility due to dusty conditions
The National Centre of Meteorology (NCM) has urged the public to be extra cautious as blowing dust could reduce visibility in different parts of the emirate.
- UAE sends food aid to Niger, Kyrgyzstan
The UAE has dispatched two aid planes carrying food supplies to Niger and Kyrgyzstan.
- COVID-19: Abu Dhabi updates rules for arriving passengers
Abu Dhabi’s Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Committee has updated the quarantine and testing procedures for citizens and residents flying into the emirate.