As many as 17 private healthcare service providers in Dubai will now provide the COVID-19 vaccine to the public in addition to the DHA’s centres.
Apart from citizens and Dubai residence visa holders, GCC nationals who have an Emirates ID, and elderly residents above 60 years who live in Dubai but have a residency of another emirate can also receive the vaccine.
To book an appointment at any DHA vaccine facility, customers should download the DHA app. Those above 60 years can call 800 342 to book an appointment.
For private health sector facilities, customers must directly contact the facility of their choice to book the vaccine.
The two vaccines currently available are: Pfizer BioNTech and Sinopharm.
All those who are scheduled to receive the second dose of their Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine will continue to receive it. Their appointment will be either in Al Garhoud Medical Fitness Centre or Al Twar Dialysis Centre.
“The vaccines will continue to be provided free-of-cost. Extending the vaccination drive in partnership with private healthcare providers aims to expand capacity and enhance access and convenience for the public,” said Dr. Farida Al Khaja, CEO of Clinical Support Services and Nursing Sector at the DHA and Chairperson of the COVID-19 Vaccination Steering Committee.
More from Local News
- UAE announces Eid Al Fitr holiday for private sector
The UAE’s Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation has announced the Eid Al Fitr holiday dates for the private sector.
- New laws to raise Dubai government’s efficiency
A series of legislations have been issued in Dubai related to the restructuring of certain government entities.
- COVID-19: UAE vaccine doses exceed 10.7 million
More than 10.7 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the UAE so far.
- COVID-19: Dubai Municipality wins ISO accolade for safe work procedures
Dubai Municipality has received international recognition for the application of safe work procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- UAE extends flight suspension from India
All passenger flights from India to the UAE will remain suspended until further notice.
- Emirati Genome Programme opens more sample collection sites
Additional sample collection centres have been launched as part of the Emirati Genome Programme’s expansion in the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
- COVID-19: 1,699 new cases detected in the UAE today
The UAE has confirmed 1,699 new cases of COVID-19 from 179,453 tests.
- Eid Al-Fitr holidays announced for UAE public sector workers
The Eid Al-Fitr holidays for UAE’s public sector workers will start on Tuesday, May 11.
- Residency visa process eases as services move onto DubaiNow app
Smart Dubai has launched a new bundle of residency services on its flagship application, in collaboration with the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs.
- Watch: Abu Dhabi carries out COVID-19 testing in city centre
A new video has been released on social media showing Abu Dhabi’s proactive COVID-19 testing drive in action.
- 85% of Dubai’s school staff receive COVID-19 vaccine
A total of 85 per cent of Dubai’s school staff have now had at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Abu Dhabi calls for public to report online food rumours
Misinformation about food on social media platforms should be reported to the authorities in Abu Dhabi.
- MBRGI spends AED 1.2 billion on humanitarian projects in 2020
More than 83 million people in 82 countries benefited from Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives’ (MBRGI) humanitarian and social projects in 2020.
- Dubai: 34-car pile up on Emirates Road
As many as 34 vehicles were involved in an accident which took place on Dubai’s Emirates Road during a dust storm on Monday afternoon.
- Watch: Rain, hail in parts of UAE
Heavy rain and hail hit Sharjah’s Kalba area on Monday.
- UAE administers another 32,231 COVID-19 vaccine doses
Another 32,231 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the UAE in the past 24 hours.
- COVID-19: 1,772 new cases detected in the UAE today
The UAE has confirmed 1,772 new cases of COVID-19 from 156,940 tests.
- UAE weather bureau warns of poor visibility due to dusty conditions
The National Centre of Meteorology (NCM) has urged the public to be extra cautious as blowing dust could reduce visibility in different parts of the emirate.
- UAE sends food aid to Niger, Kyrgyzstan
The UAE has dispatched two aid planes carrying food supplies to Niger and Kyrgyzstan.
- COVID-19: Abu Dhabi updates rules for arriving passengers
Abu Dhabi’s Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Committee has updated the quarantine and testing procedures for citizens and residents flying into the emirate.