Abu Dhabi has updated its travel procedures for citizens and residents returning from abroad.
The changes will come into effect on Monday, July 5.
Vaccinated travellers arriving from green list destinations must take a PCR test on arrival without the need to quarantine, and another test on day 6.
When arriving from other destinations, they must get tested on arrival, quarantine for seven days (instead of 5) and take another PCR test on day 6 (instead of day 4).
The protocol applies to vaccinated UAE citizens and residents who received their second dose at least 28 days earlier, documented in the vaccine report on Alhosn app.
Unvaccinated citizens and residents arriving in Abu Dhabi from green list destinations must take a PCR test on arrival without the need to quarantine, and get tested again on days 6 and 12.
When arriving from other destinations, they must get tested on arrival, quarantine for 12 days (instead of 10) and take another PCR test on day 11 (instead of day 8).
Abu Dhabi Emergency, Crisis and Disasters Committee has updated travel procedures for citizens and residents of Abu Dhabi returning from travel abroad, effective from Monday, 5 July 2021. pic.twitter.com/GnFQU6GmIh
— مكتب أبوظبي الإعلامي (@admediaoffice) July 4, 2021
Currently, Abu Dhabi’s Green List has 31 countries and territories from where travellers can fly to the emriate without the need to quarantine.
More from Local News
- UAE becomes world’s most vaccinated nation
The UAE has surpassed Seychelles to become the world’s most vaccinated nation.
- 64% of UAE population fully vaccinated
Nearly 64 per cent of the UAE population is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Dubai takes further steps to improve public bus services
Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is taking further measures to improve the operational efficiency of public buses.
- UAE approves Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use
The UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention has announced the registration of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use.
- Over 97% of Dubai outlets complying with COVID guidelines
More than 97 per cent of commercial establishments in Dubai were found complying with COVID-19 guidelines during the first half of 2021.
- 1,599 new COVID-19 cases in UAE
The UAE confirmed 1,599 new cases of COVID-19 from 254,639 tests on Sunday.
- UAE carriers suspend Saudi flights until further notice
Starting today, all flights between the UAE and Saudi Arabia will remain suspended until further notice.
- 15.5 million vaccine doses administered in the UAE
More than 15.5 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been given in the UAE so far.
- 1,632 new COVID-19 cases in the UAE
The UAE confirmed 1,632 new cases of COVID-19 from 291,676 tests on Saturday.
- Man arrested for destroying property at Abu Dhabi company
An Asian man has been arrested in Abu Dhabi for destroying public property at the branch of a government company in the capital.
- Abu Dhabi rolls out new COVID contact tracing system
A new COVID-19 contact tracing system has been launched in Abu Dhabi to help predict and prevent community transmission.
- Dubai carrier suspends flights from India until further notice
Emirates Airline has suspended passenger flights from India until further notice.
- 1,663 new COVID-19 cases in UAE
The UAE confirmed 1,663 new cases of COVID-19 from 283,661 tests on Friday.
- Items you should never leave in your car
Motorists are being urged not to leave flammable items inside vehicles during the summer months, to avoid accidental fires.
- UAE vaccine doses exceed 15.4 million
More than 15.4 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the UAE so far.
- Dubai cops honoured for swift response in nabbing suspect
Two Dubai Police officers have been honoured for their efforts in arresting an attempted murder suspect within an hour.
- UAE citizens prohibited from travelling to these countries
Emiratis are not allowed to travel to those countries that are on the UAE government’s travel curbs list.
- Work permits launched for UAE Golden Visa holders
The UAE has started issuing work permits for Golden Residency holders.
- Over 215 kg drugs seized in major operation in Sharjah
Police in Sharjah have foiled an attempt to smuggle more than 215 kg of drugs into the country through a boat.
- 1,675 new COVID-19 cases in UAE
The UAE confirmed 1,675 new cases of COVID-19 from 291,003 tests on Thursday.