Exemptions also apply to those from countries where the UAE has imposed travel bans due to the spread of Kovid
Dubai: Indian citizens holding tourist visas can travel directly to the UAE. Permission is granted to those who have received the vaccine approved by the World Health Organization. The exemption applies to all countries where travel is banned due to the spread of Kovid.
The new order will take effect tomorrow, according to a statement issued jointly by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) and the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA).
Passengers with tourist visas are required to undergo a mandatory PCR check at the airport. The current travel rules for those who have not been vaccinated and those with a residence visa will continue, officials said.
- Applications for tourist visas will be accepted from August 30.
- The vaccine must be approved by the World Health Organization.
- People from countries where the UAE has imposed a travel ban can also apply for a tourist visa.
- Upon arrival in the UAE with a tourist visa, the PCR must be checked at the airport.
- Vaccine recipients can register with the ICA or the Al Hosn app to receive benefits.