Draft legislation on regulating donations has been approved by the UAE’s Federal National Council (FNC).
The approval was granted at the fourth session of the second ordinary term of the Council’s 17th legislative chapter at its headquarters in Abu Dhabi.
The law stipulates that donating to any individual or entity outside the country may only take place according to the procedures highlighted by the legislation’s executive regulations.
Any association or entity can only be called a “charity” or “humanitarian association” upon receiving a certificate of classification, barring the organisations and authorities whose decrees, laws, or resolutions of establishment confirm that they are called a “charity” or “humanitarian association.”
During the session, chaired by Saqr Ghobash, FNC Speaker, the Council highlighted the importance of organising, collecting and providing donations, as well as protecting donors’ funds, creating an attractive local environment for donations, and reinforcing the relevant coordination between federal and local authorities.
Ghobash noted that the law’s provisions will apply to any entity desiring to collect or provide donations in the country, including in free zones.
He also stressed that the legislation is being issued as part of the UAE’s overall humanitarian efforts.
More from Local News
- GCC leaders sign Al-Ula Communique emphasising goals at end of summit
Leaders of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) have underlined the need to coordinate efforts in order to confront common challenges while emphasising their goals at the end of the summit in Saudi Arabia.
- COVID-19: More Dubai officials receive Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
Hala Badri, Director-General of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority, has received her first shot of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.
- DHA revises quarantine period for some COVID-19 and close contact cases
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has announced that the isolation period for certain COVID-19 patients and close contact cases has been reduced to 10 days from the initial 14-day period.
- COVID-19: Updates from UAE government media briefing
As many as 826,301 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the UAE so far, covering around 8 per cent of the country’s population.
- COVID-19: 1,967 new cases in UAE from more than 153,000 tests
The UAE has confirmed 1,967 new cases of COVID-19 from 153,645 tests.
- GCC summit: Leaders sign statement affirming solidarity and stability
Leaders and heads of delegations at the 41st Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Summit in Saudi Arabia have signed a statement affirming solidarity and stability.
- GCC Summit: H.H. Sheikh Mohammed arrives in Saudi Arabia’s Al Ula
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has landed in Saudi Arabia’s Al-Ula for the 41st session of the GCC Supreme Council.
- COVID-19: Two more senior Dubai officials receive Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
Two more senior officials in Dubai have received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.
- UAE makes fortnightly PCR tests mandatory for government workers
Starting January 17, all employees in UAE ministries and federal entities will be required to undergo PCR tests every 14 days.
- COVID-19: Dubai Economy completes 140,000 inspections in 2020
As many as 140,000 inspection visits were carried out by Dubai Economy in the year 2020 to ensure commercial establishments’ compliance with the precautionary measures against COVID-19.
- H.H. Sheikh Mohammed leads UAE delegation to GCC Summit
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, is leading the UAE delegation at the 41st Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (GCC) Summit in Saudi Arabia.
- New patrols in Abu Dhabi to monitor transport of dangerous materials
The Abu Dhabi Civil Defence Authority has launched special patrols to monitor and control vehicles and tanks transporting dangerous materials on the emirate’s roads.
- COVID-19: Dubai Media Office Director-General receives Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine
Mona Ghanem Al Marri, Director-General of the Dubai Media Office, has received her first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine against the COVID-19 virus.
- COVID-19: Abu Dhabi launches drive encouraging everyone to get vaccinated
A new COVID-19 vaccination campaign has been launched in Abu Dhabi, called “Choose to Vaccinate.”
- Philippines Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai nears completion
Construction work on the Philippines Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai is 87 per cent complete.
- UAE Ministry of Education to hold makeup exams for Grades 4 to 12
In a statement, the Ministry of Education said makeup exams for students in Grade 4-12 will run from January 10 to 14.
- H.H. Sheikh Mohammed: We have a long journey ahead; a brighter future awaits us
On the 15th anniversary of his Accession Day, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai has written an open letter to the people of the UAE.
- H.H. Sheikh Mohamed receives President of the Maldives
His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces held talks with the President of the Maldives, who is currently visiting the UAE.
- UAE Ministry of Health announces centres for Sinopharm vaccine
The UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) has released the updated list of centres offering Sinopharm’s COVID-19 vaccine for free.
- Dubai Police foil online scams totalling AED 11.8 billion
Dubai Police foiled online scams totalling AED 11.8 billion with the arrest of 97 cybercriminals last year.