The Digital Transformation Steering Committee was established after the Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of The Executive Council of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, issued an Executive Council Resolution.
The new committee aims to ensure streamlined coordination between government entities tasked with implementing Dubai’s digital transformation plan.
The committee will oversee the implementation of the digital transformation plan and propose legislation to regulate activity related to the transformation.
They are also responsible for proposing cyber security governance procedures.
According to the resolution, the committee is chaired by the Director-General of the Dubai Digital Authority (DDA).
Members of the committee include representatives of the General Secretariat of The Executive Council of Dubai, Department of Finance, Roads and Transport Authority, Dubai Police, Dubai Health Authority, Dubai Municipality, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, Dubai Economy, Dubai Customs, Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing, General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs in Dubai, Dubai Land Department and Dubai Courts.
All government entities tasked with implementing Dubai’s digital transformation are mandated to provide any data and information requested by the committee and its subcommittees.
More from Local News
- Facebook, WhatsApp access restored to UAE residents
UAE residents are once again able to access Facebook’s services after a near six-hour outage yesterday.
- H.H. Sheikh Mohammed designates day to honour coding professionals
October 29 has been declared as a day that honours coding and programming professionals, under the slogan ‘UAE Codes’.
- Shaheen’s impact on UAE is over
The National Emergency Crisis & Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) has announced that the direct impact of tropical depression ‘Shaheen’ on the UAE has ended.
- Al Ain eases alert level as ‘Shaheen’ weakens
Following a weakening of tropical storm ‘Shaheen’, educational institutions in Al Ain will return to in-person learning and construction work will resume.
- Dubai cabbies honoured with ‘medal of trust’
Forty taxi drivers in Dubai have been honoured for returning money and valuables worth over AED 4.7 million left behind by passengers during the first half of this year.
- 189 new COVID-19 cases in UAE
The UAE confirmed 189 new cases of COVID-19 from 261,502 tests on Monday.
- Cyclone Shaheen: NCM issues update on UAE impact
The cyclone ‘Shaheen’ is weakening as it approaches the UAE coast.
- UAE Ministry employees get eight-day paid leave to visit EXPO 2020
Employees of the Ministry of Presidential Affairs can now take eight days of paid leave to visit the EXPO 2020 Dubai.
- Cyclone Shaheen: Key Abu Dhabi road closed for maintenance
Abu Dhabi has closed a key road in light of maintenance work and to mitigate any impact of cyclone Shaheen.
- Cyclone Shaheen: Al Ain residents advised to stay at home
Authorities in Al Ain have announced further precautionary measures due to the weather conditions linked to cyclone Shaheen.
- UAE well prepared to deal with cyclone Shaheen
Authorities in the UAE have taken proactive measures to mitigate the impact of tropical cyclone Shaheen.
- Al Ain activates distance learning, stops construction work
Due to current weather conditions, all educational institutions in Al Ain will switch to distance learning on Monday, October 4, and Tuesday, October 5.
- Cyclone Shaheen: Expo 2020 Dubai issues advisory
Expo 2020 Dubai is working closely with the National Centre of Meteorology (NCM) and other authorities to monitor the path of tropical Cyclone Shaheen.
- Hatta parks, community facilities temporarily closed
Dubai Municipality has announced the temporary closure of Hatta Parks and community facilities as a precautionary measure against tropical cyclone Shaheen.
- Abu Dhabi bracing itself for Cyclone Shaheen
Authorities in Abu Dhabi are keeping a close eye on the tropical cyclone Shaheen, which is expected to have an impact on the emirate, especially in Al Ain.
- Cyclone Shaheen: UAE Embassy in Muscat issues advisory to citizens
The UAE Embassy in Muscat has urged all citizens to follow precautionary measures issued by the Sultanate of Oman as tropical storm Shaheen hits the region.
- UAE flight to Oman delayed due to Cyclone Shaheen
Etihad Airways flight from Abu Dhabi to Muscat has been delayed due to tropical cyclone Shaheen.
- UAE approves use of breakthrough drug to treat Alzheimer’s
The UAE has approved Aduhelm (aducanumab) for treating early stages of Alzheimer’s, becoming the second country in the world to do so.
- 184 new COVID-19 cases in UAE
The UAE confirmed 184 new cases of COVID-19 from 311,282 tests on Sunday.
- Exclusive: Dubai testing Hatta site for wind farm feasibility
Dubai is testing the feasibility of a wind farm in Hatta as the country transitions away from fossil fuel power.