Cofounders of the Binance-backed Indian crypto exchange WazirX have reportedly moved to Dubai amid regulatory uncertainty and taxation, local media report.
See related article: India’s crypto tax will incur losses for government, says WazirX CEO
- Nischal Shetty and Siddharth Menon have reportedly moved to Dubai along with their families.
- “Crypto has no boundaries,” WazirX CEO Shetty tweeted yesterday.
- The company’s entire workforce operates remotely despite offices in Mumbai and Bengaluru.
- “WazirX is headquartered in Mumbai and Bengaluru, and there is no change in any of our operating procedures,” a spokesperson told local media. “It is business as usual.”
- Several investors and traders have also been relocating to Dubai as the country offers crypto-friendly regulations, while India continues to rein in digital assets trading.
See related article: India’s crypto brain drain may accelerate once again