Thursday, September 23, 2021

EIAF to Provide $29.6m Loan for Côte d’Ivoire Hydroelectric Project

Dialogue

  • EIAF will provide $29.6m for a hydropower dam in Ivory Coast.
  • The plant will generate about 44MW.

The Singrobo-Ahouaty hydroelectric project to be constructed on the Bandama River in Côte d’Ivoire is set to receive a loan of $29.6 million. The Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund (EAIF) will provide the loan to the project developer, Ivoire Hydro Energie (IHE). The loan will have a tenor of 18 years.

The African Development Bank (AfDB), the African Finance Corporation (AFC) and the German Investment Company (DEG) have also provided financing for the project. The investors will provide 75 per cent of the total investment for the plant, while the shareholders of IHE will provide the remaining 25 per cent via equity.

The project is set to be constructed by the French company Eiffage SA. The Singrobo-Ahouaty hydroelectric power plant project comprises constructing a rockfill dam about 27m high and 1,025m long and a concrete dam about 27m high and 150m long on the left bank, forming a reservoir of 105 million m³. In addition, about 3km of access roads to the project site, a 90km 4 kV transmission line and a substation to connect the hydroelectric power station to the existing Taabo-Agboville transmission line will also be constructed as part of the project. Power will be generated by two 22MW General Electric (GE) or Alstom supplied Kaplan horizontal turbines.

The construction works for the project is expected to take 36 months.

Uche is a climate activist and clean energy enthusiast. He is a renewable energy analyst at The Electricity Hub. Uche has previously worked for an environmental management firm. He has a B.Sc. in Geology from the University of Nigeria.

 

Related Posts

Comments

Stay Connected

22,044FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Recent Stories