The UAE News report: The Dubai has expanded the Covid-19 vaccination drive by revising the age limit and also offer vaccination to GCC nationals and people from other Emirates with some conditions.
Who is eligible?
* All valid Dubai residency visa holders aged 40 and above.
* Dubai visa holders with chronic diseases or people of determination aged 16 and above.
* All Emiratis aged 16 and above.
* Elderly individuals aged 60 and above with a valid residency visa issued in any Emirate, provided they can prove they reside in Dubai.
* Gulf nationals with a valid Emirates ID.
* Frontliners and vital sector workers.
The DHA currently offers the Sinopharm, Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines against Covid-19.
Age limits revised:
The Dubai Health Authority announced it has expanded the age limits for receiving the vaccine.
* Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine can now be administered to all individuals 16 years and above (instead of 18 years and above);
* Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine can be administered to anyone aged 18 and above, instead of those between 18-65 years.
Dr. Farida Al Khaja, CEO of DHA’s Clinical Support Services and Nursing Sector and Chairperson of the Covid-19 Vaccination Steering Committee, said the targeted categories can book a vaccination appointment through the DHA App or DHA Contact Centre (800-342).Appointments for frontliners and vital sector workers will be scheduled in coordination with government departments and the institutions they work for.