Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Dubai launches Zac Efron & Jessica Alba-led campaign as the Foreign Office says it’s now safe to visit

Dubai has launched a global marketing campaign with Hollywood A-listers Zac Efron and Jessica Alba to promote holidays in the UAE city, which will be added to the UK’s amber list on Monday.

The UK Foreign Office has also removed its advice against non-essential travel Dubai and the rest of the UAE today.

Filmed by award-winning Craig Gillespie, the new Dubai Presents marketing campaign features a series of six short trailer films covering different genres, which will be released over a period of four months.

Dubai Tourism said the city was one of the first in the world to lockdown and one of the first to open – and stay open.

“This was achieved through a prudent and staggered approach to reopening of sectors while ensuring strict compliance with health and safety protocols in line with international practices,” it said.

Dubai reopened to domestic tourists in May 2020 and international tourists in July last year.

However, it was placed on the UK red list in January 2021 due to concern over its role as a hub for long-haul traffic.

 It will be moved to amber at 4am on Monday, meaning holidaymakers returning to the UK will no longer have to quarantine in a hotel and those who are fully vaccinated can avoid self-isolation.

Issam Kazim, CEO of Dubai Corporation for Tourism & Commerce Marketing (Dubai Tourism) said: “Amid a truly challenging and unprecedented time for the tourism industry, this new campaign is testament to our collaboration with city stakeholders and over 3,000 global travel partners to enhance our coordinated approach to attract tourists to Dubai.

“With their continuous support, we remain committed to broadening and strengthening Dubai’s tourism proposition, as we strive to realise our strategy of making Dubai the most visited and one of the most recommended travel destinations in the world, all while keeping the health and safety of our residents and visitors our topmost priority.

“Leveraging our strong partnerships across the travel and tourism sectors in the city, we continue to work towards our roadmap of success for the safe return of travellers to Dubai. We are confident the Dubai Presents campaign will bolster our efforts to accelerate tourism momentum in what promises to be a landmark year for Dubai as we gear up for the upcoming Expo 2020 and the UAE’s Golden Jubilee celebrations.”

Dubai Presents has been launched in 27 global markets, including the UK where it will appear on TV, cinema, digital and social as well as on streaming services and out-of-house advertising.

In addition to the six celebrity-led trailers, the campaign features a series of teaser assets to highlight gastronomy, nature, active and self-indulgent holidays in Dubai. 

[embedded content]

The city has received 3.7m overnight visitors since it reopened a year ago, of which almost 200,000 were from the UK.

Visitors require a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before departure.

Related Posts

Comments

Stay Connected

22,044FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe

Recent Stories