The northern runway at Dubai International Airport (DXB) has been closed for more than two weeks, forcing some flights to be diverted to Dubai World Central (DWC).
The airports’ operator has established several transportation options between the two airports to accommodate all travelers.
Here are some of the services provided by the airports:
- DWC offers free parking for up to 2,500 cars for individuals who choose to drive themselves.
- Dubai Airports is offering a free bus service between all DXB and DWC terminals every 30 minutes, 24 hours a day, assuring a smooth transfer experience.
- Dubai Taxi Corporation will waive the flag fall fee for all airport customers traveling from DWC.
- Those who use Uber car services can get discounts by entering the code ‘DWC2022’ when booking a car through the app.
- RTA will continue to operate bus lines N55 and F55, providing a cost-effective alternative from DWC.
Throughout the 45-day closure period, which runs from May 9 to June 22, Dubai Airports has asked all travelers to double-check their flight details before leaving for their departure airport.
Over the next 45-days, essential work is being carried out on the Northern Runway at Dubai International (DXB). Some flights will arrive and depart from Dubai World Central (DWC). Check with your airline to confirm which airport your flight departs from. pic.twitter.com/aXXF0iDwBc
— Dubai Airports (@DubaiAirports) May 9, 2022
It may be mentioned that the DXB northern runway has been shut down due to extensive upgradation work, which began on May 9. More than 1,000 flights per week are being diverted to both Dubai World Central and Sharjah airports.
Cover Image Source: Twitter