Launched in 1993, the biannual event is a cultural development programme that is dedicated to the African performing arts sector. It consists of a market, festival and forum for performing arts professionals to network and discuss their work. The last edition was held in March and featured 200 shows, which were hosted on eight stages by more than 1700 artists.
Who can apply
Applications are open in the following categories:
- Contemporary dance.
- Circus and puppet.
- Heritage dance.
The show must be less than three years old.
The size of the group, including the management team and the manager, must not exceed:
- Three people for humour
- Three people for slam
- Four people for story
- Eight people for contemporary dance (for the solo: three people)
- 10 people for circus and puppet
- 10 people for music
- 10 people for theatre
- 15 people for heritage dance
The application must include the following:
- A letter to the MASA director.
- A picture of an onstage performance.
- A video of an onstage performance (teasers and video clips are not accepted).
- A list of artistic works of the last three years or a press book.
The application forms must include:
- The departure city of group members.
- The name of each group member (date of birth and role in the group).
- The name of the group’s manager for music and the administrator of the group for the remaining categories.
- The composer, producer and choreographer.
The description of the performance must include:
- The date of its creation.
- The theme.
- The approach.
- A summary of the story for storytelling, stand-up comedy, dance, theatre and the lyrics of the songs for music.
The technical sheet should describe:
- The stage dimensions.
- The lighting, sound and technical assistant information.
- The set-up and take-down time of the performance.
- The weight and size of accessories.
How to apply
To apply, interested individuals can either fill the application form here or send a printed application by post to the following address:
Direction Générale du MASA
17 Boulevard Roume 09 BP 2877
The deadline for applications is 31 July 2021 (midnight CAT). Successful applicants will be announced on 5 October 2021.
For more information, email email@example.com.
View the original call here.