Congo Ebola Outbreak Claims Nearly 100 Children's Lives

0

MONDAY, Feb. 11, 2019 (HealthDay News) – The ongoing Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has claimed the lives of nearly 100 children, and according to the charity Save the Children.

The children have died, since they have died, CNN reported. The charity also said that the number of new cases surged in January, from about 20 to more than 40, with 120 new cases in the last three weeks of January.

The current outbreak in Congo is the second-deadliest and second-largest in history. So far, there have been 745 confirmed cases and 61 probable cases, the country's health ministry said Saturday. There have been 505 deaths, CNN reported.

The deadliest Ebola outbreak occurred in West Africa in 2014. More than 11,000 people died, according to the World Health Organization.

CNN Article
More Information: CDC

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.